“Come to meet me during 2 weeks of intense sculpture workshop in my studio and I will make you visit south of France around Toulouse, Carcassonne, Albi, the Canal du midi and other nice places.”Grégory Poussier
The workshop is provided in English and French. Description en français.
The Sculpture Workshop takes place in Grégory Poussier studio, Le Créatoire, in Montmaur (1 rue de la République 11320 France, we can pick you up in the Toulouse international airport). It is a combination of 80 hours of sculpting with a model in the studio, and time to visit the main places around (one day in Toulouse, one in Carcassonne, and one in Albi & Cordes sur Ciel, + some walks and boat on the Canal du midi).
It all takes place in a country area, with green all around. A swimming pool near the studio for the end of the day.
You will work on anatomy and learn how to model a sculpture thanks to a live model and pictures. You will understand how to build a composition with main volumes and plans, how to measure properly the main benchmarks, to ensure the correct position of the global volumes. Then you will learn how to model, step by steps, muscles, flush bones under a tight skin, and elements of anatomy. You will see the appropriate gesture in order to how to use tools, and when to use them. You will understand how to empty the core to fire it without breakages. You will learn how to fix breakages, then you will learn how to end finely thanks to brushes. You will also work on draps to dress the sculpture with shadows and lights. You will learn the main anatomical proportions for the body and the face.
“I started sculpture because I was fascinated by the range of emotions, of story intentions that can be transmitted through this medium. But for the story to be understandable, the anatomy must be respected, the sculpture must be fair, and the composition elegant. It is an endlessly renewed challenge for those who tackle it … “Grégory POUSSIER
Clay and material are provided. Cost includes the time in the studio, all material and tools provided, and model session. It includes also the visit tour in the different places. The last dinner all together is included in the price. In the standard price, it doesn’t include the housing (different places in the village are available, all can be done by foot) and the meals (except the last dinner). For the dishes it is possible to cook in every B&B proposed. In the B&B, you can come with friends our relatives who can enjoy the hollidays even if they don’t participate in the workshop…
You will arrive by plane, train or car, the day before the workshop on the 5th of septembre.
- Day One – Monday: Presentation of the studio, we meet each others. We start with fundamentals. Then we start to sculpt, main volumes with the life model.
- Day Two: sculpting thanks to pictures taken the day before with the model on pose, 360° picture poses.
- Day Three: Toulouse tour, with La Halle de la Machine and its incredible moving Minotaure. The city center, with the Capitole, the river, the Saint Sernin and the Augustin Museum.
Dôme de la Grave, Toulouse
Toulouse – Place du Capitole
- Day four: sculpting and measurements of the main proportions. Start to model the global anatomy.
- Day five: sculpting the head, hollow the body, place the global anatomy.
- Day Six: sculpting in the morning, Canal du midi boat trip in the afternoon, with Castelnaudary visit, after a typical “Cassoulet” lunch in front of the canal…
CASTELNAUDARY Marché nocture 2012 – AUDE
- Day Seven: sculpting the detailed body, muscles, bones, free afternoon for the ones who wants a break…
- Day Eight: sculpting with life model ! Detailed body, hands and foots.
- Day nine: Carcassonne tour, and vineyeard of Cabardes castel visit.
- Day ten: sculpting with life model, detailed body, hand and foots. Draps to dress the body.
- Day eleven: Albi with its incredible Cathedral and the Toulouse-Lautrec Museum, and Cordes-sur-ciel.
- Day twelve: end of the sculpture, packing. Time to leave the day after… Last diner all together.
Meeting eachothers, learning togethers, sharing our passion, in a simple and familiar environment. Be sure everyone will find his/her own place and enjoy to practice sculpture. These are my expectations for the workshops.Grégory Poussier
There is an uncertainty in the schedule of the workshop because of the pandemy context.
Of course, we will keep you informed about the restrictions in France… If the workshop is postponed, you will be integrally refunded.